DJ Yarra Valley Weddings: What Kinds of Songs are Perfect for Your Cocktail Hour
From the delectable finds such as canapés, doughnuts, sushi, shrimps, cold cuts and cheeses to the drinks such as virgin mojitos, margaritas and even mocktails, every guest must be able to indulge in everything during the cocktail hour.
But food is never enough, as there should also be something that should gratify the ears and eyes. Songs, bands and wedding DJs must delight everyone in attendance, and usually, songs for cocktail hours are romantic, jazzy, and soul-filled.
Here are some songs that are perfect for the cocktail hour:
- Just my Imagination – An original of The Temptations, this song was again brought to life by Gwyneth Paltrow and Babyface. Momentarily it will let your thoughts run away to a place of jocund serenity.
- Lucky –Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat luckily gave us this steady and romantic tune and told of a narrative of friendship that blossomed into lovey-dovey love. This song builds up an amorous ambience for the guests as they await the wedding reception program.
- Beautiful – Mariah Carey featuring Miguel gives us this somewhat old school-sounding song that mesmerises the ear and sets one up for a luxuriant listening session.
- I choose you – Sara Bareilles does not only impress with her strong singing prowess but also allures everyone to this better than a love letter love song.
- Message in a Bottle- John Mayer reanimates this song and gives you that hypnotic vibe while savouring those canapés.
- Come Away with Me- Do as you please and come away with Norah Jones on a rainy evening or just be chilling along with other guests during the cocktail hour.
- Better Together- Well rendered through a song by Jack Johnson, some things are well done with others –even cocktails.
- How Sweet it is – Be it Marvin Gaye or James Taylor, nothing beats the feeling of being loved and loving those tapas too.
- Cant’ Take my eyes off you – Andy Williams taught us there could never be a better feeling than being in love and having the look of love.
- I do – another love song from Colbie Caillat in this list; she may be doing something good to be one of the favourites here.
- Lego House – an unlikely cocktail song contender, but Ed Sheeran had it so good that his songs are definitely to listen to.
Cocktail hours are ripe for socialisation while enjoying fresh concoctions and toothsome, appetising food. And intensifying and escalating the experience could be possible with puissant music to get by your chosen Wedding DJ Yarra Valley.
DJ Yarra Valley Weddings: What Kinds of Songs are Perfect for Your Cocktail Hour blog by Yarra Valley Wedding DJ
For more information about our Wedding DJ Yarra Valley services, you can contact us at 0411 587 506 or click here.
Want to add photo wedding entertainment Melbourne? Click here for more information.
We service Melbourne, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Bayside, Dandenong Ranges, Phillip Island and other parts of Victoria.