Wedding DJ Yarra Valley Tips – 80s’ and 90s’ Songs That Will Fill Up Your Dance Floor, Guaranteed
Crash course in World History, the 80s and 90s are by far two of the memorable era, with the first one as the year for the gradual easing of the Cold War between the USA and the USSR and the accidental tear down of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the infamous Chernobyl incident. The latter marked the end of the aforesaid Cold War that spanned from the end of World War II to the year 1991, then the Gulf War.
But more likely, these two decades brought us so many changes in the lives of people, such as the introduction of the computer, the dawn of the Internet, movie franchises such as Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back to the Future. Shows from MTV, Live Aid, Dynasty to FRIENDS and various fashion senses from masculine like acid wash denim jackets, shoulder pads and the soaring “tsunami” hairstyles to the 90s’ matte dark lippies, plaid skirts, chokers, nose rings, and platform heels are but popular then.
But more than all these, music from the 80s’ and 90s’ do not only earworm individuals but also still never fails to make young people dance and everyone who hears them.
Here are some songs from the 80s’ and 90s’ that never go out of style and are guaranteed to fill up the dance floor to this very day:
Wedding DJ Yarra Valley Tips – 80s Dance Hits:
- Billie Jean, Beat It!, Thriller, etc. – The King of Pop Michael Jackson had been high flying with his string of hits, albums, and songs during this time, and the years thereafter hailed as one of the best-selling of all time. Proving that coming from a band of sibling then launching a solo career is not bad at all. And of course, the signature moonwalk will forever haunt the dance floor.
- La Isla Bonita, Get into the groove, and even slow dance theme such as Crazy for you– Wearing a flannel shirt, bangles, cycling shorts, and fake mole on the face and dancing and singing to these tunes. Everyone mimics the style of Madonna as perhaps the breakout artist to reckon with in this decade.
- I wanna dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston truly knows how to belt out songs but also can chase your blues away with this dance tune; well put that, there could no more be a good time than with that of your man.
- Get Down on It and Celebration – There are many reasons to celebrate life, especially with these eponymous tunes infused with funk, jazz, soul, rock and pop by Kool and the Gang.
- I’m so Excited– Ruth, Anita and Bonnie, or the famously known as the Pointer Sisters, truly have golden key pointers on how to party with R&B, Pop, Soul etc., beats that tickles the one deep down to the bones.
- Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle etc. –What defined the 80s is the experimentation with sounds like Techno, Alternative, Electronic and who else curate such songs but New Order.
- Another One Bites the Dust – If you have seen Bohemian Rhapsody 2018 movie and wowed by Rami Malek’s performance wait till you hear this Queen’s song and get ready to get your feet thumping all night long.
To the 90s’, the songs made the kids jiggle and wiggle:
- Wannabe, Say You’ll Be There, Spice up Your Life etc. – Childhood was never the same with Scary, Baby, Posh, Sporty, and Ginger Spice or collectively known as the Spice Girls. Their songs are a constant reminder that music can light up a gloomy day, turn it around with a dash of sassiness and a sprinkle of pop.
- As long as you love me, Everybody, Get down etc. – Yes, there are too many boy bands in the 90s, but one of those that became a household name was the group Backstreet Boys and their songs are topping charts and selling like hotcakes too.
- Tearin’ up My Heart, I Want You Back- 90s’ dance scene is not complete with another great boy band ‘N Sync, Who would not have danced all night with young Justin Timberlake and the rest of the group singing their greatest hits.
- Genie in the Bottle – Christina Aguilera grants one’s wish with this sexy chic dance song head to head with hits of Britney Spears.
- Baby One More Time, Crazy etc. – All hail the Princess of Pop as one rave and dances to her songs, and you will learn why she remains indisputably popular to this day.
- Macarena – You may have not totally grasped the Spanish lyrics and others tag to it a not so wholesome meaning, but the catchy beat spun by Los del Rio will swing up for you to sweat things out on the dance floor.
- Together Again, Got Till It’s Gone – Equally talented both in singing and dancing, Janet Jackson can make you jump, twirl, and groove to her own songs, though her music has been a staple in the 80s, it could not be denied that she remains to reign supreme in the 90s’ too.
80s’and 90s’ music should be included in the repertoire of dance songs for the event. No fuss, no frills but sheer enjoyment from start to finish.
Wedding DJ Yarra Valley Tips – 80s’ and 90s’ Songs blog by Yarra Valley Wedding DJ
For more information about our Wedding DJ Yarra Valley services, you can contact us at 0411 587 506 or click here.
Want to add photo wedding entertainment Melbourne? Click here for more information.
We service Melbourne, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Bayside, Dandenong Ranges, Phillip Island and other parts of Victoria.